Bryce Canyon Home on the Range
Southwestern, Utah, United States
Bryce Canyon is known for its dark skies and millions of stars. The sky at our Home On The Range, the 3J Ranch, is even better! Imagine no towns, no inns, no cars, no streetlights.
After your days exploring all the area adventures, head about fifteen minutes up the road to your own twenty-acre, off-grid haven. At 3J Ranch, it is just you, the sage, and the stars.
3J Ranch is a three bedroom, two bath home at 7600 ft. The 1650 sqft home has a spacious kitchen and large dining and gathering areas, including a large dining table and a 42 inch television. It has two bathrooms and a washer and dryer.
The off-grid home sits on twenty acres and operates on solar and wind, with a battery backup. Our well water (from 400 feet down) tastes great! You do have connection to the outside world by cell phone and internet (but no one back home at the office needs to know that).
Please note these important considerations for this unique, isolated, off-grid home. Although there is internet, there is not streaming or gaming. There is a short stretch of driving on dirt road to consider with low clearance cars (though our Olds and Elantra get there fine). Of course, relying on solar power requires turning out lights when not in rooms, turning off electronics when you leave the house, and only using laundry and AC on sunny days.
Come enjoy this quiet corner of the world, your Home On The Range.
Available summer and fall. Contact us for winter access.
Location and Access
Near: Bryce City 15 min. Tropic 20 min. Panguitch 40 min. Antimony 40 min.
Our Home on the Range is centrally located to access many of southern Utah’s natural beauties and activity locations. There are grocery stores in both Tropic and Panguitch.
Summer: Paved road until last ¾ mile. Dirt road access to the property. There is a creek bed that must be crossed—though it’s flow is seasonal.
Winter: When the snow comes, boundless opportunities await for snowshoeing and cross country skiing. Many think Bryce Canyon and the surrounding areas are at their most beautiful during the winter – and the threat of cold scares many others away! Contact us to talk about winter access.
Difficulty: Moderate to high clearance vehicle preferred for the wash/seasonal-creek crossing, though we have easily accessed the property in our Elantra and Olds. Directions through “the back way” are provided for an alternate route to the home if the creek crossing ever seems not viable. These directions involve longer driving on dirt, but it has always been easy to pick a good driving line without dips in the road.
The area provides ample opportunity, in one of the most scenic areas of beautiful south/central Utah, for:
Hiking, Fishing, Trail Running, Mountain biking, ATV trails
- Pine Lake 7 mi
- Powell Point Trail Head 13 mi
- Bryce Canyon 15 mi
- Kodochrome Basin 32 mi
- Grand Staircase National Park 42 mi
- Escalante Petrified Forest 56 mi
- Cedar Breaks 63 mi
- Hell’s Backbone Scenic Loop 70 mi
- Hog’s Back 77 mi
- Zion National Park 80 mi
- Anasazi State Park and Museum 85 mi
- Capital Reef National Park 99 mi
Our favorite way to visit Bryce Canyon is to get a good night’s sleep the night before, get up and get to the park early. Catch the light and shadows of the rising sun from the rims above. Then head down into the canyon trails (don’t miss Wall Street). Afterward, head back up to the ranch to fix a meal in our great kitchen and relax in your own hidden bit of heaven.
Of course, the whole region is worth exploring. 3J Ranch is the perfect home base to visit the great destinations listed here.
Ask us for our recommendations for mountain biking, road biking, ghost towns, and more. Our area guide provides distances to gas, restaurants, etc.
Three bedrooms—1 King, 2 Queen, pull out couch in the living room. Bedding provided.
Two bathrooms with flushing toilets and hot showers.
$170/night. Two night minimum.
Cleaning fees: $100
What You Need to Bring
- The Ranch is equipped with all the amenities of modern life. There is a refrigerator, microwave, four burner propane stove/oven, stovetop coffee percolator, all dishes, utensils, and cookware you could need.
- Large dining table indoors and a picnic table outdoors
- High chair for children
- Outdoor Gas Grill
- Bedding and towels are provided.
- Pack N Play is available for use.
- 42 in. TV with DVD player. We have a varied assortment of DVD’s, games, and books for your enjoyment.
- Power is provided by a solar system with battery backup. There is a propane generator for emergencies.
- Water comes from our well which is pumped into a cistern below the house. A pressurized system allows water flow through the indoor plumbing.
- Two bathrooms
- Washer and dryer
- Wood burning stove
- Good Wi-Fi internet—but no streaming or internet gaming
- Cell service available
- Check-in 3:00 pm
- Check-out 11:00 am
- Payment schedule is 50% due now and remaining balance due 30 days before arrival—If booking less than 30 days before stay, 100% due at time of booking
- Solar power requires turning out lights when not in rooms, turning off electronics when you leave the house, and only using laundry/AC on sunny days
- We request that you take your shoes off in the house
- Please wash your own dishes—or bring your own disposables
- Please keep food in the kitchen; no food in bedrooms
- Keep the doors shut to keep critters out
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
No pets please.
Wood Burning Stove
Rates and Availability
|Weeknight||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Min Stay||Max Stay|
|Standard Rate||$170 / night||$170 / night||N/A||N/A||2 nights||N/A|