Camp Jackson Chateau
Southeast, Utah, United States
Nestled in the national forest northwest of Blanding, Utah, the Camp Jackson Chateau is perfect for a family or larger group looking for a refreshing oasis from which to explore the beauty of southwest Utah. This beautifully crafted, five bedroom log cabin can easily accommodate twelve guests in the main cabin, plus up to twelve more in the additional bunk cabins, which may be added to the cabin rental.
Two additional cabins and a pavilion available for rent can provide a much larger space for bigger gatherings like family reunions or weddings. If your group is larger than 24, you may add one or both of the other two cabins on the Camp Jackson property, each about 200 yards apart, the Quaint Cottage on the Lake (eight additional guests) and the Grand Cabin of Camp Jackson (30 additional guests). These additional rental cabins are close enough to maintain the group dynamic with just enough privacy privacy. A spacious pavilion is also available with a large grill and kitchen with seating for groups up to 75, as well as large restrooms with showers. Eight tent sites and two RV spots (water only, no sewer or power hook-ups) are also available near pavilion.
But you’ll want to take advantage of the Abajo Mountain Cabin’s incredible location to explore the area. The cabin is situated centrally among more than a dozen monuments, state, and national parks, including Canyonlands and Arches National Park, Natural Bridges National Monument, and so much more. From the spirits of Native American petroglyph art to the rousing words of Edward Abbey, this landscape has inspired the human imagination for centuries.
Location and Access
Near: Blanding, UT
18 miles north of Blanding, UT. 20-30 minutes on a mountain road.
The opportunities for adventure and outdoor recreation are staggering in this stunning southwest landscape. Some fantastic ways one can explore this area, one of the most scenic areas of beautiful Utah, are:
Hiking, Golfing, ATVing, Fishing, Mountain biking, Trail Running, Hunting
The Camp Jackson Chateau is central to the San Juan County trail system. It is located 1/2 mile from the Camp Jackson Trail, a multi use trail for horses, hiking or ATVs. Hunting season is also great time at Camp Jackson. Located miles back in the forest, large game and turkey are abundant.
There are, quite literally, hundreds of hiking, jeeping and biking trails to explore in the area. The famous views of Arches and Canyonlands National Parks are nearby, but don’t forget less popular, but equally unforgettable, hikes such as the Procession Panel petroglyphs, Grand Gulch and Chesler Park Loop. The area has many fascinating Native American sites with ruins and petroglyphs such as Mesa Verde, River House Ruin, Hovenweep, Butler Wash Ruins, House on Fire Ruin, Newspaper Rock and more. If you’re needing a spot of refreshment in the midst of the desert, enjoy golfing at Hideout Golf Course or fishing, boating, swimming and more at Lloyds Lake Beach or Recapture Reservoir.
Sleeps 12 in the main cabin
Six queen beds in five bedrooms
Two bathrooms with flushing toilet and hot shower
Ability to sleep 12 more in two small bunk cabins nearby. Eight tent sites, and RV parking for two RVs also available.
Summer Rates (3/10-10/31): $275/night, up to six guests
Winter Rates (11/1-3/9): $225/night, up to six guests
Additional guests: $10/guest/night (up to 12 guests)
Rental for the additional bunk cabins: $50/night each
Pavilion, tent and RV site rental: $100/night
Or pay $150/night too add cabins, pavilion, tent and RV site rental to your rental.
Cleaning fee: $50
Room tax: 5.25%
Sales tax: 6.60%
What you need to bring
- Two balconies
- Picnic table
- Fire pit
- Window A/C unit
- Lake with dock, just ¼ mile away
Two bunk cabins (each 11’x11’) available for rent for $50/night each - ability to sleep six more each
- Double bed (please bring your own bedding)
- Two plywood planks forming a double bunk with four sleeping pads, 3’ wide x 11’ long (bring your own sleeping bags or bedding)
- Propane light
- There is no electricity in these cabins
Pavilion (26’x17’) available for rent for $100/night
- Commercial gas range with flat grill area and six burners
- One large oven and one small oven
- Large wood-burning stove for heat
- Kitchen sink and drain board (dish soap, cloths, towels, & hot pads)
- There is NO refrigerator. Use coolers and dry ice chest.
- Dry ice chest provided for storing cold food (inside measurements 21” square & 27” deep)
- Limited amount of pots, pans, bowls, cooking utensils, water pitchers, knives & silverware. Eight bowls ranging from small to large, two cooking pots, and one large water cooler available.
- Fluorescent lights in kitchen area. Use lanterns in table area after dark. (not provided)
- One 3' x 4' table
- One 8' banquet table for food preparation and serving
- Drinking fountain
- Outdoor fire pit with benches
- 7 picnic tables that seat 8-10 people each and ten plastic chairs
- Bathroom (toilet tissue & soap) with one shower, two toilet stalls and vanity area
- Play area for children (small swing set and sand)
Reservations made more than 30 days prior to your arrival date require a down payment of 25% of the total rental charges to confirm the dates. Balance due 30 days prior to arrival.
Reservations made within 30 days of your arrival date require 100% payment.
Checkout 10:30 AM
Important things to note:
- Electricity for the cabin runs off a limited hydro-electric system. There is plenty of power for lighting and basic power usage.
- Please be mindful of electricity use and use the following sparingly: electric skillets, curling irons and blow dryers.
- There is limited cell service. Verizon carriers may receive a signal.
- The closest town is 20-30 minutes on a mountain road. Please come prepared with your own food and supplies, enough for your entire stay.
- Garbage bags are provided. Please place garbage in caged area on the trailer by the pavilion.
- Rarely, there may be bears and other animals nearby.Keep all coolers and food inside at night.
- NO smoking allowed inside the lodge
- To the east and south of the Camp Jackson property is privately owned property. Please stay out of the posted private area.
- Stay on existing trails. This applies to all vehicles, including motorcycles, and four-wheelers.
- Upon departure, leave the beds you used unmade. Put used towels into bathroom tub or shower area. Keep wet towels, rugs, and any wet items off wood floors.
- Bring your own life jackets. There are no lifeguards. You are responsible for your own safety on the property.
- The lake is stocked with fish. Only catch and release fishing, with barb-less hooks, is permitted.
All cancellations are refundable, less a 12% fee, if cancelled more than 30 days prior to scheduled check-in date. All cancellations must be made in writing (email preferred). For cancellations less than 30 days before check-in date, any and all payments are forfeited, unless dates are booked and paid for again by another party.
Please no pets.
Wood Burning Stove
Rates and Availability
|Weeknight||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Min Stay||Max Stay|
|Standard Rate||$275 / night||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Winter Rates (Nov 1-March 9, 2017)Nov 01 2017 - Mar 09 2018||$225 / night||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Winter Rates (Nov 1 - March 7, 2019)Nov 01 2018 - Mar 07 2019||$225 / night||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Winter Rates (Nov 1 - March 5, 2020)Nov 01 2019 - Mar 05 2020||$225 / night||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|