Grand Cabin of Camp Jackson
Southeast, Utah, United States
For a large group getaway, the Grand Cabin of Camp Jackson is the perfect accommodation. This eight bedroom lodge offers beautiful views of the mountains and the private lake from its three decks -- and plenty of room for a up to 30 guests. Just outside the door, your group can fish in the stocked lake, splash in the shallow water play area with the kids, jump on the three paddle boats that are available at the lodge dock, or toss some horseshoes. If you seek a quiet vacation, these activities offer plenty to keep you happy right here at the cabin. But if you seek greater adventure, this is a perfect basecamp from which to access hundreds of Native American ruin sites, petroglyphs, jeep, biking, or hiking trails, and so much more. Canyonlands and Arches National Parks and Natural Bridges National Monument offer opportunities to explore some of the most incredible rock formations that can be found on this planet.
This cabin can accommodate up to 30 in beds. Two additional cabins and a pavilion available for rent can provide an even larger space for bigger gatherings like family reunions or weddings. If your group is larger than 30, you may add one or both of the other two cabins on the Camp Jackson property, each about 200 yards apart, the Camp Jackson property, the Camp Jackson Chateau (can sleep 12 in main cabin and 12 more in bunk cabins, tent, and RV sites) and the Quaint Cottage on the Lake (8 additional guests). A spacious pavilion is also available with a large grill and kitchen with seating for groups up to 75, as well as large restrooms with showers. Besides these other two cabins, your nearest neighbors are 12 miles away, giving your group the run of this amazing property, situated in the middle of National Forest Land.
Location and Access
Near: Blanding, UT
18 miles north of Blanding, UT. 20-30 minutes on a mountain road.
The opportunities for adventure and outdoor recreation are staggering in this stunning southwest landscape. Some fantastic ways one can explore this area, one of the most scenic areas of beautiful Utah, are:
Hiking, Golfing, ATVing, Fishing, Mountain biking, Trail Running, Hunting
There are an incredible amount of hiking, jeeping, and biking trails to explore in the area, literally hundreds. Arches and Canyonlands National Parks offer endless trails alone. Though don’t forget unbeatable hikes such as to the Procession Panel petroglyphs, Grand Gulch, Chesler Park Loop, and so much more. Native American ruins to see in the area such as Mesa Verde, River House Ruin, Hovenweep, Butler Wash Ruins, House on Fire Ruin, and more. For petroglyphs, don’t miss Newspaper Rock and Procession Panel.
Guests may also enjoy golfing at Hideout Golf Course or fishing, boating, swimming and more at Lloyds Lake Beach or Recapture Reservoir.
Stunning scenery, rock formations, and Native American ruins are everywhere you look.
Hunting season is a great time at the cabin. Located miles within the forest. Large game is abundant as well as turkey.
Sleeps 30 in eight bedrooms (eight queen beds, four full sized futons)
Upper level: Four bedrooms, each with one queen and sharing two half baths with sink and toilet. One full bathroom with sink, toilet, and shower. Sitting area with futon.
Main level: Three bedrooms. Two bedrooms with one queen bed each. They share a half bath with sink and toilet. Third bedroom has a queen bed. One full handicap-accessible bathroom, with sink, toilet, & shower. Kitchen, dining and living area with wood-burning stove, couch, and futon.
- Basement level: one bedroom with queen bed, open area with three full sized futons and wood-burning stove, full bathroom.
Three of the queen beds have a trundle mattress that can be used to sleep extra guests.
Six bathrooms total, three half and three full, with hot showers and flushing toilets.
Note: Bedding provided for eight queen beds only. Bedding is NOT provided for futons or trundle beds.
Summer Rates (3/10-10/31): $649/night, up to 20 guests
Winter Rates (11/1-3/9): $295/night, up to 20 guests
Additional guests: $5/guest/night (up to 30 guests)
Cleaning fee: $150
Room tax: 5.25%
Sales tax: 6.60%
Pet fee: $30 per dog (limit two dogs)
$69 non-refundable damage insurance provides $3000 of coverage.
What you need to bring
- Life jackets for play on the lake
- Extra bedding if you wish to use the full-sized futons or trundle mattresses.
- Consider bringing disposable dishes if the cabin will be full, as there is no dishwasher.
- Pots, pans, bowls, cooking and dining ware for up to 30 guests
- Kitchen includes sink, stove, refrigerator, & dining table
- Outdoor propane grill
- Handicap-accessible ramp to main level only
- Three paddle boats
Reservations made more than 30 days prior to your arrival date require a down payment of 25% of the total rental charges to confirm the dates. Balance due 30 days prior to arrival.
Reservations made within 30 days of your arrival date require 100% payment.
Checkout 10:30 AM
Important things to note:
- Electricity for the cabin runs off a limited hydro-electric system. There is plenty of power for lighting and basic power usage.
- Please be mindful of electricity use and use the following sparingly: electric skillets, curling irons and blow dryers.
- There is limited cell service. Verizon carriers may receive a signal.
- The closest town is 20-30 minutes on a mountain road. Please come prepared with your own food and supplies, enough for your entire stay.
- Garbage bags are provided. Please place garbage in caged area on the trailer by the pavilion.
- Rarely, there may be bears and other animals nearby. Keep all coolers and food inside at night.
- NO smoking allowed inside the lodge
- To the east and south of the Camp Jackson property is privately owned property. Please stay out of the posted private area.
- Stay on existing trails. This applies to all vehicles, including motorcycles, and four-wheelers.
- Upon departure, leave the beds you used unmade. Put used towels into bathroom tub or shower area. Keep wet towels, rugs, and any wet items off wood floors.
- Bring your own life jackets. There are no lifeguards. You are responsible for your own safety on the property.
- The lake is stocked with fish. Only catch and release fishing, with barb-less hooks, is permitted.
All cancellations are refundable, less a 12% reservation fee, if cancelled more than 90 days prior to scheduled check-in date. All cancellations must be made in writing (email preferred). For cancellations less than 90 days before check-in date, any and all payments are forfeited, unless dates are booked and paid for again by another party.
Well-behaved dogs are allowed, but they must be kept outside. Please clean up your pet appropriately. There is no charge for outside pets. Guests will be fined if pets are brought indoors.
Deck / Patio / Balcony
Wood Burning Stove
Rates and Availability
|Weeknight||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Min Stay||Max Stay|
|Standard Rate||$649 / night||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Winter Rates (Nov 1-March 9, 2017)Nov 01 2017 - Mar 09 2018||$295 / night||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Winter Rates (Nov 1 - March 7, 2019)Nov 01 2018 - Mar 07 2019||$295 / night||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Winter Rates (Nov 1 - March 5, 2020)Nov 01 2019 - Mar 05 2020||$295 / night||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|